Tuesday 11 October 2011

Letter Project

The Letter i chose was "I". I should say that the letter chose me. I saw the letter within the shape rather than looking for shapes that look like letters.




I imported the image into photoshop. I decreased the brightness and contrast to darken the lighter parts.
I then imported the image in to Illustrator and performed a live trace. I had to experiment for a while with different settings in the trace to get something solid.

Once i expanded the image  i was able to smooth out any left over inconsistencies using anchors and handles. 
For fun i imported the vector file back into PS 
I set up a canvas and arranged several copies of the vectorized image and colored them in using a color palette i found online. 
I went a little further and drafted a mock logo using the "I"

No comments:

Post a Comment