Tuesday 4 October 2011

Logo Project - Final

                               To Begin i imported  the image of four stick men and woman holding hands into PS. I chopped them into just two people and painted them black. I then imported that file into illustrator where i performed a live trace. Once i had my vectorized image i fixed any wavy lines or messy edges.
 Next i imported the image of the television set directly into AI where i performed a live trace. I fixed all the edges to make it smooth. I then added the two images together giving me the "TV Head" stick man and woman.  To add character is rotated and tilted the tv heads. I chopped off the legs of the male's tv and extended the legs of the female's. I found that this further individualized the two genders to make it all the more obvious.
The Idea for "Functional Objects" was directly inspired by street artists such as Banksy and Obey among many others. It is a mixture of familiar things in such a way to make the final product unfamiliar; something that makes a person stop and think.                                                        
I chose to use the stick men type bodies to exemplify how we are all the same. The TVs represent us as brainwashed, misinformed, generic, mediocre, ignorant, etc.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment